The Master Cleanse Diet has been around longer than you think. In fact, it started back in the day when living a healthier lifestyle was not so much of a multi-billion dollar craze as it is today.
It is simply going back to the roots of fasting and abstaining from eating solid foods for a period of 10 days. Its main purpose is to cleanse and detoxify your whole body inside and out. This type of diet helps your system heal itself naturally.
Thanks to its original author, Stanley Burroughs who wrote The Master Cleanser, he started with the concept of lemon fasting. Years later, Peter Glickman has also written a book about the master cleanse titled “Lose Weight, Have More Energy and Be Happier in 10 Days: Take Charge of Your Health with the Master Cleanse“.
In his book he shared his own knowledge on the benefits of the master cleanse diet to help cleanse and rejuvenate our bodies from the toxic food and environmental elements we deal with everyday.
The master cleanse diet have also been popularized by Beyonce Knowles when she was getting herself ready for the role in the movie Dreamgirls.
Fasting has been around for centuries
Getting into a diet for the sake of loosing all those love handles has always been the focus of most diet conscious fanatics. However, getting into this type of diet for the sake of looking good and slim, without considering the long term commitment you need to do, is counter productive.
Sure, the master cleanse diet is the fastest way to loose all those extra pounds. But it also acts as a restart button so you can start living a healthier lifestyle.
Fasting in itself has also been around for centuries. Medical practitioners have used fasting to treat patients and allow their bodies to heal itself naturally. It has also been practiced by religious groups as a way to cleanse their mind, body and souls.
Today, fasting is done for various medical and spiritual purposes. And if you’ve ever had to take medical tests before to check for your blood sugar levels, you would have been told to fast for at least 8 hours before taking a blood test. While others believe that fasting helps clear their mind and rejuvenate their souls to life’s daily challenges.
So, what’s in it?
The Master Cleanse Diet simply consists of freshly squeezed lemon juice, cayenne pepper, pure maple syrup, water, and complimented by drinking a salt water flush and herbal laxative tea. This lemon-spiced drink should be taken 6-12 times a day, while the salt water flush must be taken in the mornings and the herbal laxative tea in the evenings.
The combination of these drinks will greatly help in getting rid of all the toxins that has been accumulating in your system for years. It works by literally flushing out all of the gunk and leaving you refreshed inside and out.
Aside from flushing out toxins, the health benefits of these simple ingredients is astonishing. Below are just a few of things you get out of each ingredient:
- antibacterial, antiseptic
- aid in digestion
- immune booster
- powerful antioxidant
- detoxify liver, blood, intestines
- promote weight loss
- improve mineral absorption
- Prevent a heart attack
- Stops internal hemorrhaging
- Improves the circulatory system
- Regulates blood pressure to normal
- Heals stomach and intestinal ulcers
- Reduces bad LDL cholesterol and triglycerides
- Prevents blood clots
Pure Maple Syrup
- zinc and manganese rich
- promotes energy
- full of antioxidants
- reduces inflammation
- protects the heart from oxidation
- boosts the immune system
- improves prostate health
Get yourself ready for The Master Cleanse Diet
Before you embark on this amazing liquid fasting diet, you need to be prepared for what you will experience. Getting yourself mentally and physically prepared, will prevent you from quitting this type of diet. Your immediate goal is to get through the first 3 days, then staying with it for the next 7 days.
Here are just a few things you need to get yourself ready:
1) Prepare your mindset. Do NOT focus on the food you are going without. Focus on this incredible elixir you have chosen to drink as much as you want when you want, and know it is going to heal and transform you.
2) Do NOT undertake this cleanse if your life is crazy and too stressed. Do it when you can slow down and really appreciate that you are doing this for yourself. Let others know you are doing it so they will be less demanding, and if you are irritable from detox, they will forgive you.
3) Expect to experience hunger pains especially during the first 2 days. As the time goes on, your body will adjust to this lemony-spiced drink and you will less hungry.
4) You will start to detox, and these symptoms can vary from person to person. The most common will be headaches, aches and pains, fatigue, irritability. Drink lots of water when you start to detox too much as this will help flush the toxins out faster.
5) Don’t push yourself and expect to keep up your normal schedule. Take a break from your grueling exercise routine, and be content to just walk, stretch and rest for a change. Your body will appreciate this! It is working hard to cleanse and repair. Help it along gently.
Just focus on getting through the first 3 days. Your stomach will shrink, and the hunger will subside. This lemon fasting drink will start to energize you after the initial detox symptoms have passed.